My name is Lauren. I'm 21 years old. I'm an aspiring author. I write about my life, I reblog things that mean a lot to me, and I'm here for YOU. If you have issues and need someone to talk to...please just talk to me :D I'm ALWAYS more than willing to help.
<3 Always remember to smile. <3
My Personal tumblr: http://intoxicatingpresence.tumblr.com/
Lets get started!
I want to make it. Not for the fame, not for the fans (Though they would be a plus!), but for the fact that I love it. I love acting, and I love writing. I want to inspire people.
When it comes to writing, I want to do what J.K.Rowling did for me! I want to be an author that people are amazed by, the person who gets them to want to read! The one who gets them to want to try writing.
And with acting, I want to make people smile when they see me come on screen. I wish for them to think “Oh I love her.”
So this tumblr. It’s going to be me posting about my journey. Even if I crash and burn. I want to be able to look back on this and understand what I was doing and what I was thinking at that time. Though I’m sure over time it will change, I’ll try and do little updates on occasion.
So, I just found out that a new Marvel comic is going to be made into a movie! :D Have you ever heard of Runaways? Well to make it really simple…
Its about a group of six kids whose parents routinely met every year for a charity event. One year, the kids spy on their parents and learn they are “the Pride”, a criminal group of mob bosses, time-travelers, dark wizards, mad scientists, alien invaders and telepathic mutants. The kids steal weapons and resources from their parents, and learn they themselves inherited their parents’ powers; Alex Wilder, a prodigy, leads the team while Nico Minoru learns she is a powerful witch, Karolina Dean discovers she is an alien, Gertrude Yorkes learns of her telepathic link to a dinosaur, Chase Stein steals his father’s futuristic gloves, while young Molly Hayes learns she is a mutant with incredible strength. The kids band together and defeat their parents, and atone for the sins of their parents by fighting the new threats trying to fill in the Pride’s void.
I want to audition for Karolina Dean. But really I’d love to play any of the girls~! :D I also just found out about the auditions and I need to find the cord that hooks up my camcorder to my computer. >.> Then I’ll be sending in my audition video. :3 Lets hope it all goes well~!
This is Karolina Dean:
Headshots came in!
Graphic design was eh, went and got Arches paper for school and went to Panera Bread for lunch. :D It was nice to eat, just Baron and I. :3
After that I was dropped off here, while Baron went to hang out with Nich. Pretty much…my day has been lazy.
BUT my head shots finally came in!!!! :D I’m going to finish up my resume and start working on all my cover letters and get things off! :D WHOO!
What is Acing?
It has been said that acting is “living truthfully in imaginary circumstances”. Good acting is far more than just memorizing lines, learning blocking (the actual moves an actor makes on the stage or in film), and entering and exiting on cue. It is the art of incorporating the character into yourself, digging down into your own emotions and experiences and REALLY EXPERIENCING the circumstances, emotions and physicality of the character. Young children are natural actors, because they enter completely into the world of make-believe - when they play, they believe everything that is happening. But as we get older that ability to let ourselves believe and live fully in those imaginary circumstance is lost. We develop inhibitions, personal and societal. We find it next to impossible to immerse ourselves in the world of the play. That, among many other things, is what good actors have to relearn.
So, to me this says, allow yourself to act like a child. Believe that this is real and you’ll do well.
Oprah 25th Season Premier
I can’t believe its the final season. I’ve grown up watching this show, my mom first showed it to me when I was VERY little, sometime during elementary school. I LOVE Oprah.
I know it sounds so cheesy, but I really admire her. She’s inspired me to do so many things….sometimes when I’m feeling really down on myself (For whatever reason) I watch one of her shows and I can’t help but smile. Especially when she has people who just reached their dreams.
When a new celebrity comes on her show, and they talk about how much they LOVE what they do and how they wouldn’t be the same without it, it inspires me to work harder on what I love.
I love many things, but what I’m passionate about…the things that I wouldn’t be ME without…my writing first and foremost, modeling, acting and photograph and last but not least singing.
I get into weird funks sometimes when I lose my inspiration, yet…Oprah NEVER fails in cheering me up and getting my inspiration back.
When I was 7 years old, the Harry Potter books came out. Those books, and of course J.K. Rowling, inspired me to become an author. I want to change the way people look at books and reading. I told myself after reading Sorcerer’s Stone that I WILL one day be on the Oprah show talking about what inspired me…and my own book.
I’m scared I won’t get to do that now. I have less than a year. It’s something I’ve ALWAYS wanted to do. So…from today on. I’m going to be more determined, I’m going to get this book published before the year is out (not 2010, but before 365 days has gone by) and I’m going to have fun with it. Not only that but I’ll get a jump start on my modeling and acting too.
So. Please. Help keep me on track with this. Drop me a line saying “How’s the book publishing going?” or “How is the acting/Modeling going?”
Day 1: 10 things about me
1. I LOVE getting dressed up, wearing heals and makeup and just having fun being a woman.
2. J.K.Rowling and Oprah are my heroes. They inspire me to do everything.
3. I’m obsessed with reading and writing, I feel the need to read and write all the time.
4. I don’t believe in “God”. I believe that there is something, it has no gender, no skin tone, no name. It loves everyone…EVERYONE (Of any sexual orientation any skin color any religion ect.)
5. I told myself when I was 7 I would publish a book and get on the Oprah show if my book was good enough.
6. I LOVE acting and singing. I one day hope I can be in a tv show, or make a CD.
7. Photography is so fun, and I’m obsessed with my dad’s camera. ITS SO PRETTY.
8. I used to date a girl. People think that because we broke up, and that I started dating guys again, that because I’m in a relationship at this moment…. I’m straight. Truth is. I’m bisexual.
9. I want to be in a magazine…I love modeling.
10. I think it would be awesome to work on a TV show, as an actor, a screenwriter or a costumer…really most anything.
Where you’d like to be in 10 years.
In 10 years?
In ten years I see myself as a successful author selling millions of books and inspiring people to read and write.
In ten years I could see myself being an actress. Hopefully by then I’d have worked on a few tv shows and/or movies and have donated money to different charities. I’d love to help people with the money I’ve made.
In ten years I’ll be 30, I hope at that point I’ll be in a loving committed relationship. Having the time of my life and making a difference in the world.
Write 30 interesting facts about yourself.
1. I want to be an author like J.K.Rowling one day. <3 And direct the movie for my own book. :D
2. I’m pretty mature for my age.
3. I LOVE writing fanfiction. Seriously. Tell me a movie/tvshow/book/videogame ect you like and I bet you I can write a fanfiction about it. :D
4. I love the smell of vanilla and Sweet Pea.
5. I would LOVE to be an actress
6. I love to sing.
7. J.K. Rowling is my role model. She is one of the most amazing people I’ve ever seen. She is the most amazing writer ever and I would love nothing more than to write a novel that inspires people to be creative and love reading/writing.
8. When it comes to acting I love Anne Hathaway, she is my acting role model. If I become an actress I’d like to do movies like she does. :3 I see acting as another way to inspire people to be creative.
9. I HATE to run. >< Even though I was asked to go out for track for three years in a row.
10. I did gymnastics for 6 years and Ballet/tap/interpretive/modern for 5.
11. The longest relationship I’ve ever been in was over three years.
12. My favorite color varies. I’ve always loved red and purple, but sometimes green slips in too.
13. I love taking photographs, my dad is a professional photographer and we have a studio…so I’m constantly thinking of new photo shoots.
14. I have a lot of dreams…things I want to do (I.e. Author, actress, singer, director….ect)
15. When I was learning how to walk I fell on a piece of glass. I have a scar next to my right eye, if I had landed an inch over I would have a scar going over my right eye and I’d most likely be blind in one eye.
16. I’ve been told I’m overly nice. I really don’t see how I can be overly nice. :3
17. I design dresses in my spare time, and one day I’d LOVE to make them into dresses.
18. I LOVE Disney, old Disney, new Disney whatever. I just love it.
19. I really love Anime. So much so that I find a lot of joy in going to a convention, meeting voice actors, seeing friends, getting amazing stuff and the memories that come from it.
20. I am totally for gay rights. EVERYONE should have the same rights as any other person.
21. I have a freckle on my lip…and little the corners of my lips always curl up a bit, which makes it look like I’m smiling.
22. I have an irrational fear of knives. Anytime I see one in the hands of someone else I feel like hiding. Butter knives don’t count. xD
23. I am one of the most determined people you will probably ever meet. I have this idea in my head that if I really want it, I can get it. And I will work until I bleed to get it.
24. I HATE horror movies. My mind is so overactive and I have a crazy imagination so I get terrified after a horror movie.
25. In my four years of high school I was considered “mother” to many of my friends, they came to me with any problems they had and needed someone to talk to. I loved being there for them, the problems I had? When people didn’t take my advice; they’d come back and bitch and I’d tell them the same thing and they’d come back telling me it had worked, and when I had no one to talk to about MY problems. People wouldn’t want to hear my problems about something even when they had spent hours telling me about their problems.
26. I want to be an actress, but I‘m terrified of being on stage, i have stage-fright, but I LOVE being in front of a camera. I guess my mind see stage mistakes as being horrible because its live, where as being in front of a camera and you make a mistake it becomes a blooper.
27. My middle name is something you most likely say once or twice a day. ;3 I wouldn’t change my middle name for anything.
28. Have you ever just felt that no matter what anyone says, no matter what anyone does you KNOW you are meant to do —-insert thing here—-? I have that feeling about something. And damnit. I WILL do it.
29. I have a few best friends in the whole world, they know pretty much everything there is to know about me, and I LOVE THEM.
30. If you ever see me writing…I may not respond for a few minutes, a lot of times I get really lost in my own world and don’t notice when someone say something to me.
How you hope your future will be like.
Well this is sort of like the other question. I guess I really hope my future will be…. where I can inspire people to do what they love, acting, singing, writing, dancing whatever it may be. I just want to be in that position where I can be a inspiration for others.
Writing is the art of deception. Being able to convince those reading that the words on the page are as true as the life they are living. Acting is essentially the same as writing. The art of deception, now you are taking those words and putting them to the ultimate test. As actors and writers, our job is based around the art of deception
- Me. Explaining to my friend why I feel like I could/can act when I need to.